14 February 2016

Gems from Job #1

(I am reading through the book of Job at the moment and thought I would share the special verses I have found.)
Satan asked God this question, when God asked him what he thought about Job, who loved God very much and lived right.
Doth Job for fear God for nought (nothing)? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath and he will curse thee to thy face. Job 1:9-11
Satan challenged God on whether Job would still love him if everything went wrong. Or did Job only love God because life was going great?
There are plenty of people who turn away from God as soon as  things get hard. They only love God when things go well. Was Job one of those people? He wasn't! Although he struggled with everything that happened, he didn't curse God.
Ask yourself the same question! Do I fear God for nothing? If my life is turned upside down with problems, will I still love and serve God? Or will I get angry and turn away from Him? Am I a real Christian??
Ask God to make you real like Job and strengthen you through the trials that upset your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment